$10,000 Retention Incentive in Year One
O’Rourke Media Group is recruiting for two Account Executives in our Vermont market. AE’s at OMG build relationships with local businesses to help them with their advertising and marketing plans. These are remote positions that can utilize our office in St Albans as needed. Great opportunity to join a family-owned, reputable company that is in the process of expanding in Vermont, specifically in Chittenden County.
We offer an excellent support infrastructure, including a full service, internal digital agency, a winning work culture that you can help make even better, no weekend work hours, plenty of time off (PTO and paid holidays), casual dress code and career growth opportunities for those that deliver results.
Our Vermont business is comprised of the St Albans Messenger, a twice a week newspaper and 24/7 local news website, the Essex Reporter, a monthly print newspaper reaching 100% of the households in Essex and 24/7 local news website, the Milton Independent and Colchester Sun, two digital only, local news websites. We also produce several niche publications and supplemental products throughout the year.
During the interview process, you will have the chance to meet with the CEO, COO and GM in Vermont. You will also be welcomed to spend time with the VT team, and or, have discussions with other AE’s in the company before making your decision to join. Transparency is very important to us as we are searching for people that want to help build the company long-term.
If you excel at building relationships, and if you are results-driven, competitive and money motivated, this could be a great opportunity.
- Develop leads and prospect for potential advertisers by leveraging all touchpoints-email, phone, Google Meet, social media, and in-person
- Present and sell core market advertising solutions to new and existing advertisers
- Clearly communicate payment terms upfront when closing sales
- Work closely with the fulfillment team to maximize advertising campaign results
- Provide great service to retain advertisers
- Secure appointments to help develop digital agency sales
- Network and engage with chambers, rotary clubs, social media groups and events in the market to build relationships and support the business community
- Consistently achieve your goals and grow your book of business
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
- Above average technical skills
- Strong time management skills, organized, deadline and detail-oriented
We offer a competitive compensation plan, medical (no deductibles), dental, vision and life insurance benefits, a 401 (k) plan with company match, car allowance and laptop. Interested candidates should forward their resume or linked in profile details to CEO-Owner Jim O’Rourke.
About the Company
O’Rourke Media Group is a fast-growing company that owns and operates hyper-local, community newspapers, websites, niche publications and a full-service digital agency. We are family-owned and mission-driven to save newspapers and local media companies by investing in the people, resources and technology needed to thrive for many years to come. We believe that every community can benefit from a well-run, properly resourced, local newspaper and website. Our News teams produce hyper-local, high interest local news and accurate and trustworthy reporting. Our Sales and Digital Fulfillment teams bring omnichannel advertising solutions to local businesses in the communities we serve.
O’Rourke Media Group now operates in eight states and 28 markets with 41 publications and hyper-local websites. We started from ground zero in December 2018, totally bootstrapped, confident and with an entrepreneurial mindset.